What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implant are the new standard of care for tooth replacement. They bond (osseointegrate) with health bone and provide permanent support for dental crowns and dentures. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth and can last a lifetime.
Dental Implants for tooth replacement.
A missing tooth can be replaced by a dental implant without altering the healthy adjacent teeth. Once the implant is, an abutment is attached to provide support for the final crown.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Look and feel like natural teeth
- Fit securely
- Healthy adjoining teeth are preserved
- Allow you to eat virtually any food
- Convenient – no special care needed
- Can help prevent bone deterioration and gum erosion
- Can help preserve facial structure
Traditional Dentures and Bridgework
- Look less natural, may be uncomfortable
- May shift and click during eating and talking
- Often uncomfortable
- Adjoining teeth may be damaged from supporting bridgework
- Chewy foods may cause dentures to become loose
- Denture pastes and powders required
- Dentures must be removed at night